|FREQUENT ANSWERS to questions no one asked!
1. Hi! I'm Ray Friesen
2. I'm a cartoonist
3. I draw cartoons.
4. I have written some various books, such as 'A Cheese Related Mishap' 'YARG!' 'Another Dirt Sandwich' 'Cupcakes of Doom' and 'Piranha Pancakes'
5. My newest book is 'Pirate Penguin vs Ninja Chicken' published by Top Shelf.
6. I do a thrice-weekly webcomic called 'Divine Whiners - A Mythical Mockumentary"
7. My goal is that you will visit this website, read a cartoon, laugh, read the archive of cartoons, laugh a bunch more, and buy my books (I'll autograph 'em for you! Guaranteed to be worth billions some day!). You can also read the first several pages of both of my books FREE
8. You could also buy a Tshirt or hat or poster or mug or mousepad too. I wouldn't mind.
9. They're made by an actual place with good quality, they're not just the cheap stuff.
11.There is no Number 10
12. You can also visit the 'Fun Stuff' page. It has alot of fun stuff, such as wallpapers, cast of characters, activities, videos, and such.
13. More cartoons, audio adventures, animation and other readables are forthcoming. I'll let you know.
14. You should follow me on twitter or friend me on facebook. That would be cool.
15. Why is my publishing company called 'Dont Eat Any Bugs'? Because I wanted a weird catchy name that would stick in your head. Also, I once accidentally ate a bug, and consider it to be excellent advice.
16. NO VIKINGS ALLOWED. Unless you have a sworn affidavit from the king that you are not evil, and you promise not to break anything.
|ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Ray Friesen has been professionally cartooning for longer than his boyish good looks will reveal. Ray has written and drawn 7 graphic novels so far, as well as a bunch of other random stuffs and things. His books are distributed nationally, to Amazon.com, Barnes & Nobles, and other book sellers.
In Sept of 2003, Ray was nominated for the prestigious cartooning "Ignatz Award" for promising new talent. Ray has'nt been nominated for anything else, so get on that. Ray's work has been favorably reviewed by The American Library Association Booklist, The School Library Journal, The Los Angeles Daily News, Wizard Magazine, Wired and other places I forget at the moment.
Ray also lectures at California elementary schools, sharing his experiences and also drawing them penguins. Currently, he is poised to take over the world, one comic book at a time.
Ray resides in Tehachapi CA. No one knows why.
If all goes according to plan, Ray is getting married in April of 2013.